Coronavirus COVID-19 has unfortunately closed many restaurants, eateries and small businesses in the Lower Lonsdale Shipyards District as we all try to stop the spread of the virus. I’m sure you have all been slightly disappointed after walking to your favourite restaurant only to see the 8 ½ by 11 piece of paper posted on the door with the closed sign. However, many restaurants have adapted to the government regulations enforcing social distancing and there are still ways in which you can get your favourite food!
Here are 10 different restaurants in Lower Lonsdale currently offering either takeout or delivery options to satisfy all your food cravings:
• Kokoro Tokyo Mazesoba: offering both takeout and delivery. Unfortunately you can’t travel to Japan during this time but you can still enjoy the richness of the mazesoba and the many different varieties of the ramen and rice bowls.
• Joey Shipyards: offering 20% off pick-up orders or 10% off Doordash with a $0 delivery fee. This is definitely a good deal and a chance for you to enjoy favourites such as the yellowfin tuna salad and the crispy mashed potatoes.
• Farina a Legna: offering take out by calling in or ordering online. Just because you are stuck at home doesn’t mean you need to resort to frozen pizza and thankfully you can get authentic Italian pizza from Wednesday to Sunday.
• Cinco de Mayo Mexican Grill: offering take-out.There’s never a bad time to indulge in burritos, tacos and nachos and all you need at home is a little tequila (or a lot) to make some margaritas and have the perfect evening.
• Poke Bar: offering 20% off take-out using the Poke Bar App or online if you are like me and love poke, then you are in luck with Poke Bar. While this is a little bit higher up on Lonsdale, the walk up is definitely worth it as you cannot beat the 20% off poke bowl deal that’s going on.
• Welcome Parlour: offering take-out during 3-9pm and delivery through Skip the Dishes and Uber Eats. With the weather starting to become so beautiful and with spring in the air, it’s the perfect time for ice cream so don’t miss out the delicious flavours from Welcome Parlour!
• Buddha-full Provisions: offering take-out and delivery through Skip the Dishes and Door Dash. Don’t just binge on junk food at home all the time, when you can easily get delicious, healthy smoothies, acai bowls (my fave!) and their plant based savoury bowls.
• Beere Brewing: offering free home delivery for online orders over $40. Doing a brewery crawl in Lower Lonsdale is a fun way to embrace the different beers in the region and enjoy time with friends! While this is not possible now, lots of breweries including Beere are doing take-out or deliveries so you can still enjoy a brew – just need to facetime your friends!
• Mythos Taverna: offering take out and delivery over Uber eats. There’s nothing more comforting than Greek food and you can enjoy all your favourites from the comfort of your own home. Maybe put on “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” to really get a Greek experience?
• Eat Craffles: offering take-out during 9am to 7pm and delivery during 10am to 4pm. If you are like me and have a sweet tooth, Eat Craffles is a great place to get a variety of waffles, milkshakes and crepes in addition to savoury items!
What are your favourite restaurants to get delivery or takeout food? Let us know in the comments section below so our readers can hear your feedback.
Article written and provided by food influencer @VantasticFeasts