Spring / Summer 2020 Event Listings
When it comes to going to the most popular and best events here in North Vancouver, you will want to check a few different websites and resources online. As there are many smaller micro-events that often do not get the mainstream attention they might deserve and are totally fun to go to.
The Lonsdale Avenue corridor has weekly restaurant functions and the breweries are always doing something fun like trivia night or watching the Hockey game on a large television. On top of this many eateries plan private events with DJ’s or other forms of entertainment. We hope you can find what you are looking in terms of community events using the info and links below.
Many of these events you can attend by using the Lonsdale Quay seabus from downtown Vancouver and soon you will be able to use the Marine Drive RapidBus. Connecting West Vancouver to Lower Lonsdale and beyond. On top of that there is plenty of public parking in the City of North Vancouver.
People visit from around the world to checkout the local community events here as well as the many outdoor activities, while enjoying a generally high quality of lifestyle.
Popular Events to Checkout
- Remembrance Day at Victoria Park
- Canada Day at the waterfront
- Christmas light activation’s city wide
- Beer by the Pier at The Pipe Shop
- Dinner on the Pier at Burrard Dry Dock
- North Shore Art Crawl at artist shops
- Rogers Hometown Hockey at The Shipyards
- Shipyards Night Market at the waterfront
- Shipyards Festival around the district
- Summer Sessions at The Shipyards
- CityFest Youth Event at The Shipyards
- Live & Local at Edgemont Village, Lynn Valley and Deep Cove
- B.C. Cider Festival at The Pipe Shop
- Philippine Days Festival at Waterfront Park
- Caribbean Days Festival at Waterfront Park
- Polish Festival at The Shipyards
- North Shore Craft Beer Week
Best Websites to Find Events
- City of North Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Recreation and Culture
- North Vancouver Museum and Archives
- North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce
- The Shipyards District
- Capilano University
- North Vancouver District Public Library
- North Vancouver City Public Library
- North Vancouer Arts
- Presentation House Theatre
- Centennial Theatre
- The Polygon Gallery
- Pipe Shop Venue
- The Wallace Venue
- North Shore Tourism
- North Shore News
- Google Events
Resources for Planning a Local Event
If you are looking for an event rental company consider Lonsdale Rentals.
Having a bar and drinks setup is sometimes needed, check out Lavish Liquid.
And for balloons and decorations we suggest using Frankie & Co.
If you would like to organize an event visit the City of North Vancouver.
Are you in need of an event planner? Chat with Smitten Events.